Founded in 1844 as the district church for the townships of Birches, Hulse, Lach Dennis, Lostock Gralam and Wincham (previously served by Witton: St. Helen and Great Budworth: St. Mary & All Saints). Including the chapel of Lach Dennis: All Saints.
The district was also affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1875 March 19 — reduced when part of the township of Wincham was transferred to Marston: St. Paul.
- 1930 December 2 — reduced when an area including Lostock Salt Works was transferred to Witton: St. Helen.
- 1930 December 2 — enlarged when an area including Wincham Brook Pumping Station, part of Renshaw Street, Hewitt Street, Austin Street, Brick Works, and the eastern side of Ann Street was transferred from Witton: St. Helen, together with the south-eastern extremity of the latter district.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts