Hide

Lea Newbold

hide
Hide

"LEA-NEWBOLD, a township in that part of the parish of ST-OSWALD, CHESTER, which is in the lower division of the hundred of BROXTON, county palatine of CHESTER, 6 miles (S.S.E.) from Chester, containing 61 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Lea Newbold was a township in St. Oswald's ancient parish, Broxton hundred (SJ 4359), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The population was 42 in 1801, 39 in 1851, 49 in 1901, 29 in 1951, and 8 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Great Boughton (1837-69)
  • Chester (1870-1937)
  • West Cheshire (1937-74)
  • Chester & Ellesmere Port (1974-98)
  • Cheshire West (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Court Records

  • Broxton (1828-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2001)
  • Chester, Ellesmere Port & Neston (2001-12)
  • West Cheshire (2012+)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Tarvin Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Tarvin Rural District (1894-1936)
  • Chester Rural District (1936-74)
  • Chester (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Great Boughton (1837-71)
  • Tarvin (1871-1930)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1948)
  • Chester (1949-74)