Founded in 1840 as the district church for the townships of Leighton and Minshull Vernon (previously served by Nantwich: St. Mary and Middlewich: St. Michael & All Angels).
The district was affected by the following boundary alterations:
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1840-1991 ; M 1861-1983 ; B 1840-1991 — Cheshire Record Office (P 11)|
C from 1991 ; M from 1984 ; B from 1991 — Church
|Bishop's Transcripts||1840-1843, 1851, 1882 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1861-1973 — Cheshire BMD (CC:1050)|
|Monumental Inscriptions||Published by South Cheshire Family History Society, 1997|