"MOLLINGTON (LITTLE), a township in that part of the parish of St-MARY-CHESTER, which is in the higher division of the hundred of WIRRALL, county palatine of CHESTER, 2¼ miles (N. W. by N.) from Chester, containing 28 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Little Mollington (or Mollington Banastre) was a township in Chester St. Mary on the Hill ancient parish, Wirral hundred (SJ 3969), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1901 to become part of Mollington
- It had a population of 23 in 1801, 16 in 1851, and 44 in 1901).
- The population of Mollington was 232 in 1901, and 335 in 1951.
For the period after 1901, see Mollington.
- 1901 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Mollington (pop. 44 in 1901)