- Lower Bebington was a township in Bebington ancient parish, Wirral hundred (SJ 3384), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- In 1922 the civil parish was abolished to become part of Bebington & Bromborough.
- It included the hamlets of New Ferry, Port Sunlight, Spittle Heath, Trafalgar, and part of Woodhey.
- The population was 263 in 1801, 1492 in 1851, and 8398 in 1901.
For the period after 1922, see Bebington & Bromborough.
|Beaconsfield Road/Mayfields North, New Ferry, Methodist (Primitive)|
|Bebington Road/Boundary Road, New Ferry, Methodist (Wesleyan)|
|St John the Evangelist, New Ferry, Roman Catholic|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Lower Bebington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Lower Bebington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ332839 (Lat/Lon: 53.347754, -3.004904), Lower Bebington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Lower Bebington Local Board (1863-75)
- Lower Bebington Urban Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Lower Bebington Urban District (1894-1922)