Hide

Lower Kinnerton

hide
Hide

"KINNERTON (LOWER), a township in the parish of DODDLESTON, lower division of the hundred of BROXTON, county palatine of CHESTER, 5¾ miles (S. W. by W.) from Chester, containing 85 inhabitants." [From Samuel LewisA Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Lower Kinnerton was a township in Dodleston ancient parish, Broxton hundred (SJ 3562), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • It includes the hamlets of Gorstella (part) and Kinnerton (partly in Flintshire).
  • The population was 97 in 1801, 94 in 1851, 127 in 1901, 142 in 1951, and 119 in 2001.
  • In 2015 the civil parish was abolished and incorporated into Dodleston.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Great Boughton (1837-69)
  • Chester (1870-1937)
  • West Cheshire (1937-74)
  • Chester & Ellesmere Port (1974-98)
  • Cheshire West (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009-15)
topup

Court Records

  • Broxton (1828-71)
  • Chester Castle (1871-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2001)
  • Chester, Ellesmere Port & Neston (2001-12)
  • West Cheshire (2012-15)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 2015 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Dodleston.
topup

Politics & Government

  • Chester Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Chester Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Chester (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009-15)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Great Boughton (1837-53)
  • Hawarden (1853-71)
  • Chester (1871-1930).
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1915)
  • Chester (1918-74)