Built in 1845 as the district church for the township of Henbury and part of the township of Macclesfield (previously served by Prestbury: St. Peter and Gawsworth: St. James).
The district was affected by the following boundary change:
- 1962 January 25 — (details not available)
- 1975 October 22 — reduced when part of the civil parish of Macclesfield was transferred to Upton Priory: Church of the Resurrection.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts