MACCLESFIELD: St. Peter (Church of England)

Windmill Street.

Church History

Founded in 1844 as a district church for part of the township of Macclesfield (previously served by Macclesfield: St. Michael & All Angels). The boundaries of "The District of Saint Peter, Macclesfield" were described in the London Gazette on 5 November 1844:

"All that part of the parochial district of the parochial chapel of Macclesfield, in the.parish of Prestbury, and in the county and diocese of Chester, which lies to the south of the district of Saint Paul, Macclesfield."

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1846-1919 ; M 1849-1968 ; B 1849-1947 — Cheshire Record Office (P 187)
C from 1919 ; M from 1968 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1846-1919 ; M 1849-1937 ; B 1849-1947 — Cheshire Record Office
Bishop's Transcripts1874-1876 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesM 1849-1968 — Cheshire BMD (CE:1058)
Monumental InscriptionsPublished by North Cheshire Family History Society

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches