Hide

Mooresbarrow with Parme

hide
Hide

"MOORESBARROW, a township, joint with Parme, in that part of the parish of MIDDLEWICH which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 2¾ miles (E. by S.) from Middlewich, containing, with Parme, 25 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

"PARME, a township, joint with Mooresbarrow, in that part of the parish of MIDDLEWICH which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 2¾ miles (E. by S.) from Middlewich. The population is returned with Mooresbarrow." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Mooresbarrow with Parme was a township in Middlewich ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7465), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Sproston.
  • It included the hamlets of Mooresbarrow and Parme
  • The population was 27 in 1801 and 25 in 1851.

For the period after 1892, see Sproston.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Sproston (pop. 26 in 1901)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-92)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Knutsford (1885-92)