Hide

Moreton cum Alcumlow

hide
Hide

"ALCUMLOW, a township, joint with Moreton, in that part of the parish of ASTBURY which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER. The population is returned with Moreton." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

"MORETON, a township, joint with Alcumlow, in that part of the parish of ASTBURY which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3 miles (S.W. by S.) from Congleton, containing, with Alcumlow, 129 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Moreton cum Alcumlow was a township in Astbury ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 8459), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • It includes the hamlets of Ackers Crossing, Brownlow Heath and Roe Park.
  • The population was 116 in 1801, 133 in 1851, 117 in 1901, 196 in 1951, and 150 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Congleton (1837-1937)
  • Crewe (1937-74)
  • Congleton & Crewe (1974-88)
  • South Cheshire (1988-98)
  • Cheshire East (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire East (2009+)
topup

Court Records

  • Northwich (1828-99)
  • Middlewich & Sandbach (1899-1907)
  • Congleton (County) (1907-67)
  • South East Cheshire (1967-74)
  • Congleton (1974-92)
  • South Cheshire (1992+)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Congleton Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Congleton Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Congleton (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire East (2009+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Congleton
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Crewe (1885-1948)
  • Knutsford (1949-74)