Moston (near Sandbach)
"MOSTON, a township in the parish of WARMINGHAM, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 2¼ miles (W. by N.) from Sandbach, containing 143 inhabitants. The Grand Trunk canal passes through the township." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Moston was a township in Warmingham ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7261), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1936 to become part of Tetton.
- In 1970 it was re-created by uniting Elton (near Sandbach) with Tetton
- It includes the hamlets of Needham's Bank and Stud Green.
- The population was 120 in 1801, 207 in 1851, 173 in 1901, and 375 in 2001.
- Congleton (1837-1937)
- Crewe (1970-74)
- Congleton & Crewe (1974-88)
- South Cheshire (1988-98)
- Cheshire East (1998-2007)
- Cheshire (2007-09)
- Cheshire East (2009+)
- Northwich (1828-1907)
- Sandbach (1907-36)
- Sandbach (1970-74)
- Congleton (1974-92)
- South Cheshire (1992+)
- Congleton Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Congleton Rural District (1894-1936)
- Congleton Rural District (1970-74)
- Congleton (1974-2009)
- Cheshire East (2009+).