Hide

Nether Peover

hide
Hide

"PEOVER (NETHER), a chapelry in that part of the parish of GREAT-BUDWORTH which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3 miles (S. by W.) from Nether Knutsford, containing 250 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Chester, endowed with £400 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of Lord de Tabley. The chapel is dedicated to St. Oswald." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Nether Peover (pronounced Pee-ver) was a township in Lower Peover chapelry of Great Budworth ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7373), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • It includes the hamlets of Fox Covert, Lower Peover (part) and Swan Green.
  • The population was 256 in 1801, 232 in 1851, 222 in 1901, 295 in 1951, and 417 in 2001.
Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-1974)
  • Vale Royal (1974-98)
  • Cheshire Central (1998-2007)
  • Cheshire (2007-09)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Court Records

  • Northwich (1828-71)
  • Leftwich (1871-99)
  • Northwich (1899-1974)
  • Vale Royal (1974-2012)
  • West Cheshire (2012+)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Northwich Rural District (1894-1974)
  • Vale Royal (1974-2009)
  • Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Knutsford (1885-1948)
  • Northwich (1948-74)