Newhall (near Davenham)
"NEWHALL, a township in the parish of DAVENHAM, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3½ miles (E. S.E.) from Northwich, containing 17 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Newhall (near Davenham) to another place.
- 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Lach Dennis (pop. 18 in 1901)
You can see the administrative areas in which Newhall (near Davenham) has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ668703 (Lat/Lon: 53.228851, -2.499261), Newhall (near Davenham) which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)