Hide

Newhall (near Davenham)

hide
Hide

"NEWHALL, a township in the parish of DAVENHAM, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3½ miles (E. S.E.) from Northwich, containing 17 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Newhall (or Newall) was a township in Davenham ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7071), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Lach Dennis.
  • The population was 13 in 1801 and 27 in 1851.

For the period after 1892, see Lach Dennis.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Court Records

  • Northwich (1828-71)
  • Leftwich (1871-92)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Lach Dennis (pop. 18 in 1901)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-92)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Knutsford (1885-92)