Hide

Newton by Frodsham

hide
Hide

"NEWTON-by-FRODSHAM, a township in the parish of FRODSHAM, second division of the hundred of EDDISBURY, county palatine of CHESTER, 2¼ miles (S. E. by S.) from Frodsham, containing 109 inhabit ants. There is a place of worship for the Society ot Friends." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Newton by Frodsham was a township in Frodsham ancient parish, Eddisbury hundred (SJ 5374), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • In 1936 the civil parish was abolished to become part of Kingsley.
  • The population was 108 in 1801, 1067 in 1851, and 130 in 1901.

For the period after 1936, see Kingsley.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Runcorn (1837-1936)
topup

Court Records

  • Eddisbury (1828-1936)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1936 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Kingsley (442 acres, pop. 421 in 1931)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Runcorn Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
  • Runcorn Rural District (1894-1936)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Runcorn
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-1936)