Hide

Newton cum Larton

hide
Hide

"LARTON, a township, joint with Newton, in the parish of WEST-KIRBY, lower division of the hundred of WIRRALL, county palatine of CHESTER, 8 miles (N. N. W.) from Great Neston, containing, with Newton, 48 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

"NEWTON, a township, joint with Larton, in the parish of WEST-KIRBY, lower division of the hundred of WIRRALL, county palatine of CHESTER, 8 miles (N. N.W.) from Great Neston, containing, with Larton, 48 inhabitants."  [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Newton cum Larton was a township in West Kirby ancient parish, Wirral hundred (SJ 2387), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1889 to become part of Grange
  • It includes the hamlet of Larton.
  • The population was 49 in 1801 and 44 in 1851.

For the period after 1889, see Grange.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Wirral (1837-89)
topup

Court Records

  • Wirral (1828-94)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1889 March 24 — Abolished and incorporated into Grange (pop. 66 in 1891)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Wirral Rural Sanitary District (1875-89)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Wirral (1836-94)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Wirral (1885-89)