St Luke, Northwich, Church of England
It was founded in 1884.
Also known as: Winnington: St. Luke
Dyar Terrace/Winnington Lane.
Founded in 1884 as a chapel to Witton: St. Helen. In 1931 it became the district church for parts of Winnington and Northwich (previously served by Witton: St. Helen). The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Saint Luke, Winnington" were described in the London Gazette on 29 December 1931:
"All that part of the New Parish (sometime District Chapelry) of Saint Helen, Witton, otherwise Northwich, in the County of Chester and in the Diocese of Chester, which is bounded upon the north and upon part of the west by the New Parish of Christ Church, Barnton, upon the remaining part of the west by the Parish of Weaverham, upon the south partly by the New Parish of Saint John, Hartford, and partly by a detached portion of the said Parish of Weaverham, upon the south east by the Consolidated Chapeiry of the Holy Trinity, Northwich, all in the said County and Diocese, and upon the remaining side, that is to say, upon the east, by an imaginary line commencing at the centre of the swing bridge which carries Hayhurst Street across the River Weaver where the boundaries of the said Consolidated Chapelry of the Holy Trinity, Northwich, of the Parish of Davenham, in the said County and Diocese, and of the said New Parish of Saint Helen, Witton, otherwise Northwich, all meet, and extending thence northward along the middle of the River Weaver for a distance of 68 chains or thereabouts to the boundary which divides the said New Parish of Saint Helen, Witton, otherwise Northwich, from the said New Parish of Christ Church, Barnton."
On 18 February 1976 the name of the district was altered from "St. Luke, Winnington" to "St. Luke, Northwich".
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1885-2000 ; M 1907-2012 — Cheshire Archives (P 320)
C from 2000 ; M from 2012 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1885-1950 ; M 1901-1950 — Cheshire Archives|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1901-1973 — Cheshire BMD (CW:156)|
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)