Hide

Onston

hide
Hide

"ONSTON, a township in the parish of WEAVERHAM, second division of the hundred of EDDISBURY, county palatine of CHESTER, 5 miles (W. by N.) from Northwich, containing 71 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Onston was a township in Weaverham ancient parish, Eddisbury hundred (SJ 5974), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Crowton.
  • The population was 53 in 1801 and 96 in 1851.
For the period after 1892, see Crowton.

 

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich
topup

Court Records

  • Eddisbury (1828-92)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Crowton (pop. 78 in 1901)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-92)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-92)