Hide

Low Oulton

hide
Hide

"OULTON (LOW), a township in the parish of OVER, first division of the hundred of EDDISBURY, county palatine of CHESTER, 3¾ miles (E. by N.) from Tarporley, containing 60 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Low Oulton (or Oulton Lowe) was a township in Over ancient parish, Eddisbury hundred (SJ 5964), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Little Budworth
  • The population was 52 in 1801 and 57 in 1851.

For the period after 1892, see Little Budworth.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Court Records

  • Eddisbury (1828-92)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Little Budworth (pop. 56 in 1901)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-92)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-92)