PARTINGTON: St. Mary the Virgin (Church of England)

Manchester Road.

Church History

Built in 1884 as the district church for Partington (previously in the chapelry of Carrington: St. George and the parish of Bowdon: St. Mary). The boundaries of "The District Chapel of Saint Mary, Partington" were described in the London Gazette on 10 March 1885:

"All that part of the parish of Bowdon in the county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester which forms part of the chapelry or conventional cure of Saint George Carrington, and which is co-extensive with the limits of the township of Partington."

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1874-1994 — Cheshire Record Office (P 272).
C from 1994 ; M from 1885 ; B from 1890 — Church
Bishop's Transcripts1891-1910 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office
Monumental InscriptionsPublished by the Family History Society of Cheshire (edited by G. Normansell), 1998 (partial)

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches