An ancient chapelry in the parish of Prestbury: St. Peter, serving part of the township of Rainow, which became a district church in 1863. The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Trinity, Rainow" were published in the London Gazette on 28 July 1863:
"All that part of the parish of Prestbury, in the county of Chester, and in the diocese of Chester, which is comprised within and is co-extensive with that portion of the township of Rainow, which constitutes, the ancient chapelry of Rainow."
On 1 July 1921 the district was amalgamated with that of Rainow: Holy Trinity to form the combined district of "Rainow with Saltersford".
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1973 October 24 — extended when the civil parish of Macclesfield Forest was transferred from Forest Chapel: St. Stephen, to form the combined district of "Rainow with Saltersford and Forest".
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts