St Anne, Sale, Church of England
Church Road/Trinity Road,
It was founded in 1854.
On 30 September 1856 it became the district church for the township of Sale (previously served by Ashton upon Mersey: St. Martin).
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1868 June 15 — reduced when part of the township of Sale was transferred to Baguley: St. John the Divine.
- 1884 December 31 — reduced when part of the township of Sale was transferred to Sale: St. Paul.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1856-2000 ; M 1857-2001 — Cheshire Archives (P 221)
C from 2000 ; M from 2001 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1856-1914 ; M 1857-1953 — Cheshire Archives
C 1856-1914 ; M 1857-1906 — Family History Society of Cheshire ; Trafford Local Studies
|Bishop's Transcripts||1856-1876 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Archives ; Family History Society of Cheshire|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1857-1868 — Cheshire BMD (TR:CE19)|
|Monumental Inscriptions||Transcript by Sale Borough Council, 1964 — The National Archives (ref. RG37/133)|
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)