"SHIPBROOK, a township in the parish of DAVENHAM, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3 miles (S. E.) from Northwich, containing 92 inhabitants. The Grand Trunk canal passes through the township." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Shipbrook was a township in Davenham ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 6771), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- In 1892 the civil parish was abolished to become part of Whatcroft.
- It includes the hamlet of Shipbrookhill.
- The population was 90 in 1801 and 81 in 1851.
For the period after 1892, see Whatcroft.
- 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Whatcroft (pop. 73 in 1901)