"SHURLACH, a township in the parish of DAVENHAM, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 1¾ mile (E. S. E.) from Northwich, containing 64 inhabitants. The Grand Trunk canal passes through the parish." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Shurlach (or Shurlach cum Bradford) was a township in Davenham ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 6772), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Rudheath.
- It includes the hamlets of Bradford, Higher Shurlach and Lower Shurlach.
- The population was 49 in 1801, 174 in 1851, and 165 in 1891.
For the period after 1892, see Rudheath.