Hide

Stublach

hide
Hide

"STUBLACH, a township in that part of the parish of MIDDLEWICH which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Middlewich, containing 64 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Stublach was a township in Middlewich ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7170), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Lach Dennis
  • The population was 68 in 1801 and 67 in 1851.

For the period after 1892, see Lach Dennis.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-92)

After 1892 see Lach Dennis.

topup

Court Records

  • Northwich (1828-71)
  • Leftwich (1871-1892)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1889 March 24 — Gained detached part No. 4 of Rudheath (140 acres, pop. 22 in 1891, including Earnshaw Hall), and lost a detached part to Rudheath (34 acres, pop. 0 in 1891)
  • 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Lach Dennis (pop. 63 in 1901)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-92)

After 1892 see Lach Dennis.

topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich (1837-92)

After 1892 see Lach Dennis.

topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Knutsford (1885-92)

After 1892 see Lach Dennis.