Hide

Sutton (near Middlewich)

hide
Hide

"SUTTON, a township in that part of the parish of MIDDLEWICH which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH county palatine of CHESTER,1¼ mile (S.) from Middlewich, containing 32 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Sutton was atownship in Middlewich ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7064), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • In 1892 the civil parish was abolished to become part of Newton (near Middlewich).
  • The population was of 30 in 1801 and 23 in 1851.

For the period after 1892, see Newton (near Middlewich).

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Court Records

  • Northwich (1828-92)
topup

Historical Geography

topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-92)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Northwich (1885-92)