"TETTON, a township in the parish of WARMINGTON, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3 miles (W. N. W.) from Sandbach, containing 170 inhabitants. The Grand Trunk canal passes the parish." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Tetton was a township in Warmingham ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 7162), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1970 to become part of Moston (near Sandbach).
- The population was 20 in 1801, 197 in 1851, 142 in 1901, and 306 in 1951.
For the period after 1970, see Moston (near Sandbach).
- Northwich (1828-99)
- Middlewich & Sandbach (1899-1907)
- Middlewich (1907-67)
- South East Cheshire (1967-1970)
- Congleton Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Congleton Rural District (1894-1970).