Christ Church, Timperley, Church of England
Thorley Lane/Ridgeway Road,
It was founded in 1849.
Thorey Lane/Ridgeway Road.
Built in 1849 as a chapel to Bowdon: St. Mary. In 1852 it became the district church for the townships of Timperley and Baguley, and part of the township of Altrincham (previously served by Bowdon: St. Mary).
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1867 November 5 — reduced when part of the township of Altrincham was transferred to Altrincham: St. John the Evangelist.
- 1868 June 15 — reduced when the township of Baguley and part of the township of Timperley were transferred to Baguley: St. John the Divine.
- 1934 May 18 — reduced when the part of the township of Baguley was transferred to Baguley: St. John the Divine.
The district also included the chapel of Timperley: St. Andrew, and the mission church of Hale: St. David.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1851-1976 ; M 1853-1981 ; B 1854-1971 — Cheshire Archives (P 238)
C from 1976 ; M from 1981 ; B from 1971 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1851-1900 ; M 1853-1904 ; B 1854-1919 — Cheshire Archives|
|Bishop's Transcripts||1852-1888 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Archives|
|Copies and Indexes||M 1853 — Cheshire BMD (TR:CE26)|
|Monumental Inscriptions||Published by the Family History Society of Cheshire (Altrincham Group), 1993|
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)