"TITTENLEY, a township in the parish of AUDLEM, hundred of NANTWICH, county palatine of CHESTER; containing 36 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Tittenley was a township in Audlem ancient parish, Nantwich hundred (SJ 6438), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- In 1895 it was transferred to the county of Shropshire
- The civil parish was abolished in 1934 to become part of Adderley (Shropshire)
- The population was 43 in 1801, 22 in 1851, and 34 in 1901.
For the period after 1934, see Adderley (Shropshire).
- Market Drayton (1837-1935)
- Whitchurch (1935-70)
- North Shropshire (1970-2006)
- Shropshire (2006+)
- 1934 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Adderley (Shropshire) (581 acres, pop. 34 in 1931)
- Market Drayton Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Unnamed Rural District (1894-95)
- Drayton Rural District (1895-1934)