Hide

Weaver

hide
Hide

"WEEVER, a township in that part of the parish of MIDDLEWICH which is in the first division of the hundred of EDDISBURY, county palatine of CHESTER, 4¼ miles (W. S. W.) from Middlewich, containing 177 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England  (1831) ©Mel Lockie]

Hide
  • Weaver was a township in Middlewich ancient parish, Eddisbury hundred (SJ 6563), which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Darnhall.
  • The population was 129 in 1801 and 140 in 1851.

For the period after 1892, see Darnhall.

Hide
topup

Civil Registration

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Court Records

  • Eddisbury (1828-92)
topup

Historical Geography

  • 1892 March 25 — Abolished and incorporated into Darnhall (pop. 111 in 1901)
topup

Politics & Government

  • Northwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-92)
topup

Poor Houses, Poor Law

  • Northwich (1837-92)
topup

Voting Registers

  • South Cheshire (1832-67)
  • West Cheshire (1868-85)
  • Eddisbury (1885-92)