Founded in 1843 as a chapel to Davenham: St. Wilfrid. In 1860 it became the district church for the townships of Stanthorne and Wharton (previously served byf Davenham: St. Wilfrid). The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Christ Church, Wharton" were described in the London Gazette on 10 March 1860:
"All those portions of the parish of Davenham, in the county and diocese of Chester, wherein the present incumbent of such parish possesses the exclusive cure of souls, which are comprised within the several townships of Wharton and Stanthorn."
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts