"WHATCROFT, a township in the parish of DAVENHAM, hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3 miles (N. W. by N.) from Middlewich; containing 71 inhabitants. The Grand Trunk canal passes through the parish." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Whatcroft was a township in Davenham ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 6869), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1988 to become parts of Byley, Davenham, Lach Dennis, Northwich and Rudheath.
- The population of Whatcroft was 85 in 1801, 68 in 1851, 141 in 1901, and 82 in 1951.
- Davenham: St. Wilfrid (Church of England). The ancient parish church for the township of Whatcroft.
- Northwich (1837-1974)
- Vale Royal (1974-98)
- Cheshire Central (1998-2007)
- Cheshire (2007-09)
- Cheshire West & Chester (2009+)
- Northwich (1828-99)
- Middlewich & Sandbach (1899-1907)
- Middlewich (1907-09)
- Northwich (1909-74)
- Vale Royal (1974-88)
- South Cheshire (1832-67)
- Mid Cheshire (1868-85)
- Northwich (1885-1915) *
- Knutsford (1918-48)
- Northwich (1949-74)
* The area of the former civil parish of Shipbrook, which became part of Whatcroft in 1892, remained in the Knutsford county constituency until 1915.