"WOODCOT, a township in the parish of WRENBURY, hundred of NANTWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 3¾ miles (S. W. by W.) from Nantwich, containing 29 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Woodcott was a township in Wrenbury ancient parish, Nantwich hundred (SJ 6048), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1990 to become part of Wrenbury cum Frith.
- It includes the hamlet of Marshfield Bank.
- The population was 29 in 1801, 32 in 1851, 23 in 1901, and 18 in 1951.
For the period after 1990, see Wrenbury cum Frith.
- Nantwich (1837-1937)
- Crewe (1937-74)
- Congleton & Crewe (1974-88)
- South Cheshire (1988-90)
- 1990 April 1 — Abolished and incorporated into Wrenbury cum Frith
- Nantwich Rural Sanitary District (1875-94)
- Nantwich Rural District (1894-74)
- Crewe & Nantwich (1974-90)