St Margaret, Wrenbury, Church of England
It was founded in 1593.
An ancient parish church, originally serving the townships of Broomhall, Chorley, Woodcott, and Wrenbury cum Frith, and parts of the townships of Dodcott cum Wilkesley, Sound and Newhall.
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1869 February 10 — reduced when parts of the townships of Dodcott cum Wilkesley and Newhall were transferred to the new district of Burleydam: St. Mary & St. Michael.
- 1893 February 3 — reduced when parts of the townships of Chorley and Wrenbury cum Frith were transferred to the new district of Bickley: St. Winefrede.
- 1930 April 1 — reduced when two detached areas were transferred to Acton: St. Mary.
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts
|Original Registers||C 1593-1882 ; M 1593-1965 ; B 1593-1918 — Cheshire Archives (P 172)
C from 1882 ; M from 1966 ; B from 1918 — Church
|Microfilm Copies||C 1593-1882 ; M 1593-1954 ; B 1593-1918 — Cheshire Archives
C 1593-1882 ; M 1593-1884 ; B 1593-1855 — Family History Society of Cheshire ; Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Nantwich Library
|Bishop's Transcripts||1593, 1599-1600, 1604(?), 1605-14, 1616, 1620-24, 1626-28, 1630-33,1636-41, 1658-85, 1693-95, 1697-1833, 1835-37, 1840-42, 1878-81 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Archives|
|Copies and Indexes||CMB 1593-1812 (transcript by J. Hall) — Society of Genealogists' Library ; Nantwich Library
M 1680-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1751-1837 — Family History Society of Cheshire
M 1837-1974 — Cheshire BMD (CC:1101)
B 1593-1918 — North Cheshire Family History Society
B 1813-1918 — National Burial Index
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)