The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BREAGE, (and Germoe) a parish in the hundred of Kerrier, in the county of Cornwall, 3 miles to the W. of Helston, its post town. It is situated on the coast of Mounts Bay, and contains the chapelries of Cury-cum-Gunwalloe and Godolphin, and several hamlets The remains of an old castle exist at Pengerswick. Granite abounds here, and at Wheal Vor is a rich and extensive tin-mine. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in working the mines and stone-quarries. The living is a vicarage * in the diocese of Exeter, of the value with the perpetual curacy of Germoe annexed, of £760, in the patronage of the crown. Besides the parish church there are two district churches, one at Cury and the other, at Godolphin; the livings of both are perpetual curacies, the former in the patronage of the trustees of the late Rev. J. Rogers, and the latter in that of the crown and the Bishop of Exeter alternately. The parochial charities, consisting chiefly of some small bequests for education, amount to £8 a year. Godolphin, in this parish, originally the seat of a family of that name, is now the property of the Duke of Leeds. It was the birth-place (1712) of Lord Treasurer Godolphin. There are some traces of an ancient circular camp on Pencair or Tregonin Hill.
"GODOLPHIN, a hamlet in the parish of Breage, county Cornwall, 5 miles N.W. of Helston, its post town. From the time of the Norman Conquest the Godolphin family held possession of the manor, and gave name to the place. The old residence is now occupied as a farm. In the neighbourhood is White Eagle Hill, from the summit of which there is a fine view of the county. The people are mostly employed in the copper and tin mines, some of which are old and of great depth. In 1846 this was made an ecclesiastical district, when a church was erected. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Exeter, value £150, in-the patronage of the crown and bishop alternately."