The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"CUBY, a parish in the W. division of the hundred of Powder, in the county of Cornwall, 1 mile from Tregony, its post town, and 6 from Truro. It adjoins the parish of Tregony, and formerly belonged to the Pomeroys, who had a castle here, of which no traces remain. The rocks are mica slate The village is small. The living is a vicarage annexed to the rectory of Tregony, in the diocese of Exeter. The church, dedicated to St. Keby, is an ancient structure, and near it is a holy well. Newton, Tregonyhayn, Polglaze, Treluking, Bohagoe, Furdar, Rosevallen, MidGargas, Carvath, and Govily are places here."