1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"FILLEY, (or Philleigh), a parish in the W. division of the hundred of Powder, county Cornwall, 6 miles S.W. of Tregony, and 8 S.W. of Grampound, its post town. The river Fal bounds the parish on the N. and W. It includes the hamlets of Treworlas, Treworthall, and several other small places. Here are ferryboats from various points to the opposite shore. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £350. The church is an ancient stone edifice, dedicated to St. Felix. The Wesleyans have places of worship in different parts of the parish, and there is a parochial school. Viscount Falmouth and Sir Charles Lemon are lords of the manor.