Hide

Golant

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

"GOLANT, (or St. Sampson), a parish in the E. division of the hundred of Powder, county Cornwall, 3 miles N. of Fowey, its post town, and 4 S.E. of Lostwithiel. It is situated on the river Fowey, the village being on the western shore of the harbour. The living is a perpetual curacy in the dioc, of Exeter, value £53. The church is an ancient structure of stone, recently restored.