The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"KENWYN, a parish in the W. division of the hundred of Powder, county Cornwall, 1 mile from the Newham railway station, and 1 N.W. of Truro, its post town. The parish, which is extensive, includes part of the municipal and parliamentary borough of Truro, with the townships of Chacewater, Buldiu, and Tregavethan. It is intersected by the high road leading from Truro to St. Columb on one side, and by that from Truro to Redruth on the other. Baldher and Mithian, which are now formed into separate districts, were formerly parts of this parish. A portion of the inhabitants are employed in the tin and copper mines, and in the Calenick and Cavedras smelting works. The land is chiefly arable. There are burrows on the Downs, also a well called St. Clare's. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £535, and the vicarial for £524 11s. The living is a vicarage* annexed to that of St. Kea, in the diocese of Exeter, value £793, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Cuby, is situated on an eminence, commanding an extensive view of the surrounding country; it has a tower containing a clock and eight bells. The chancel has a stained window. In addition to the parish church there are four district churches-viz: St. John's, St. George's, Baldhu, and Chacewater; the livings of all which are perpetual curacies, varying in value from £150 to £200. The register dates from 1613. There is a National school for both sexes, in which a Sunday-school is also held. The Wesleyans have places of worship here."
"CHASEWATER, a chapelry in the parish of Kenwyn, in the county of Cornwall, 4 miles W. of Truro."