1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"LADOCK, (or Lassick), a parish in the E. division of the hundred of Powder, county Cornwall, 8 miles N.E. of Truro, its post town. It is situated in a valley on the turnpike road from Truro to St. Columb, by way of Tresillian. The parish includes the hamlet of Bissick or Pessick. The manor formerly belonged to the Pitts. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. Iron ore of superior quality is found here, and is sent to Swansea to be smelted. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £700. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £767. The church, dedicated to St. Ladocka, is situated on the summit of a hill. It has a tower. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. There is a National school for both sexes, with an endowment of £5. Nausaugh is the principal residence. Ladock is a meet for the Four Burrow hounds. A cattle fair is held on the 13th May.