The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ST. CLEMENT, a parish in the W. division of the hundred of Powder, in the county of Cornwall, 1½ mile S.E. of Truro, in which borough part of it is included. The living is a vicarage* in the archdeaconry of Cornwall and diocese of Exeter, value with the curacy of St. Paul's, £390, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The parochial charities produce about £12 per annum. The village, which is situated on the river Fal, contains the Union poorhouse. Polwhele, in this parish, belonged to the county historian of that name. The manor of Conor forms part of the duchy of Cornwall.