The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ST. INE, a parish in the hundred of East, county Cornwall, 4 miles N.E. of Liskeard, and 4 W. of Callington. The village is considerable. The substratum abounds in minerals, and there is a slate quarry which is extensively worked. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £430. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter, value £362, in the patronage of the crown. The church is a handsome structure. In the chancel is a monument to Sir Boucher Wray. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. The charities produce about £10 per annum.