The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ST. MINVER, a parish in two divisions, Highlands and Lowlands, in the hundred of Trigg, county Cornwall, 3½ miles E. by N. of Padstow by the ferry. It is situated near the coast of the Bristol Channel, and is separated from the parish of Egloshayle by a stream which at high water is navigable to Amble Bridge. There is a quay for shipping corn and copper ore. A copper mine was wrought for some time, but the works have been discontinued. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £1,000, and the vicarial for £356. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Exeter, value £360. The church of St. Minver is situated in the Highlands, and has a tower surmounted by a lofty spire. There are also two chapels of ease situated in that part of the parish called the Lowlands; the one dedicated to St. Michael stands on the bank of the river Camel, across which is a ferry to Padstow; and the other, dedicated to St. Enodoc, a little to the N., in that part of the parish which has been overlaid with drifting sand. The Wesleyans and Society of Friends have places of worship, and the latter a cemetery.
"PORTHILLY, a village in the parish of St. Minver, hundred of Trigg, county Cornwall, 2 miles from Padstow, and 9 N. by W. of Bodmin. It is situated on a creek in the Bristol Channel, and is a coastguard station. There is a small ancient chapel."
"ST. ENODOCK, a chapelry in the parish of St. Minver, county Cornwall, 5 miles N.W. of Wadebridge, and 2 N.E. of Padstow. It is situated near the mouth of the river Alan. The living is a curacy annexed to St. Minver.