1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"TEMPLE, a parish in the hundred of Trigg, county Cornwall, 6 miles N.E. of Bodmin, its post town. The extensive moors between Bodmin and Launceston take their name from this parish. It formerly belonged to the Knights Templars' preceptory at St. Ive's. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Exeter, value £21. The church has long since been dilapidated."