The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"TRESMEER, a parish in the N. division of East hundred, county Cornwall, 7 miles N.W. of Launceston, its post town, and 9 E. of Camelford. The village is situated on the old road from Launceston to Camelford, near the river Attery, which bounds the parish on the N. The soil consists of a dark loam, with a subsoil of slate and clay. There are stone quarries and mines of manganese, but the latter are not at present worked. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Exeter, value £105 The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Bible Christians. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor. A fair is held on 20th July."