The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"WARLEGGON, a parish in the hundred of West, county Cornwall, 5½ miles N.E. of Bodmin, its post town, and 30 from Plymouth. The village is situated on a branch of the river Fowey. The soil consists of peat and clayey loam, with a subsoil partly of granite and partly of clay slate. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £125. The church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, was struck by lightning in 1817. G. W. F. Gregor, Esq., is lord of the manor:"