St John the Evangelist, Garrigill, Church of England
St John the Evangelist,
It was founded before 1215.
Advowson to canons of Hexham Abbey in 1215. Church rebuilt 1790. Heavily restored 1890s.
On film at Cumbria Archive Service MF/A/7-10
It is located at NY7452141516 (Lat/Lon 54.767919, -2.397541). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)