St Kentigern, Grinsdale, Church of England
It closed in 2001.
Already grouped with Kirkandrews and Beaumont in 1947, it was closed in 2001 because of the foot and mouth outbreak. It seems never to have reopened. Planning consent was given in 2012 to convert to a dwelling, but deconsecration was still in the future in 2013. The removal from the Visit Cumbria site suggests that conversion is now (2015) in hand. See also Old Cumbria Gazetteer.
Cumbria Archive Service PR 113. To see the list of items, click the link in the Ref box. To find more detail for an item click the item.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)