FINDERN, Derbyshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"FINDERN, a chapelry in the parish of Mickleover, hundred of Morleston, county Derby, 5 miles S.W. of Derby, its post town, and 6 N.E. of Burton. The Willington station on the South Staffordshire railway is 2 miles S. of the village. The Grand Trunk canal and the river Trent pass in the neighbourhood.
Silk weaving gives employment to some of the people. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Mickleover, in the diocese of Lichfield. The chapel is dedicated to All Saints. The Wesleyans and Unitarians have places of worship, and there is a free school for both sexes."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]