[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
"ASHREIGNEY, (or Ring's Ash), a parish in the hundred of North Tawton and Winkley, in the county of Devon, 4 miles to the W. of Chumleigh, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £335, in the patronage of the Rev. J. T. Johnson. The church is dedicated to St. James. There is a school endowed by Mrs. Pyncombe with £10 a year.