[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"CHARLETON, a parish in the hundred of Coleridge, in the county of Devon, 14 mile S.E. of Kingsbridge,-its post town, and 9 from Dartmouth. It is situated on a creek near the sea. The parish is divided into two parts, E. and W., and contains the hamlet of Frogmoor. The South Devon railway passes near the village, and has a station at Kingsbridge Road. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £522, in the patronage of Mrs. Isa. Twysden. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient stone edifice, recently restored. The charities amount to £2 per annum. Lord Ashburton is lord of the manor."
"FROGMOOR, a hamlet in the parish of Charleton, county Devon, 1 mile S.E. of Kingsbridge."Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003